Stellenangebot: IT Network and System Administrator
Part-time or full-time position for negotiation, beginning as of 1st September 2016.
The Collaborating Centre on Sustainable Consumption and Production (CSCP) is an independent, not-for-profit “Think and Do Tank” committed to providing collaborative solutions for a sustainable planet. The Centre was founded in 2005 by the United Nations Environmental Program (UNEP) and the Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Environment and Energy and is headquartered in Wuppertal, Germany. A team of currently 60 multi-disciplinary professionals contributes to the worldwide activities of the Centre.
The position will include maintenance of the network and the computers (Mac/Linux/Windows), strategic advising on further IT needs / possibilities (e.g. acquiring new hardware, extending network) and occasionally advising on IT implementation aspects in projects. We offer you a friendly work environment with opportunities to develop new IT solutions and approaches.
- Network Administration (TCP/IP, WLAN, Router) in a mixed Mac/Linux/Windows environment
- Computer maintenance, IT Helpdesk for about 60 people (on-site and also internationally/on travel)
- Software / Hardware research (e.g. extension of network, data storage, online applications) and advising strategically (e.g. acquiring new hardware or software, other IT needs and possibilities)
- Setting up and maintaining employee IT accounts
- Data administration, data recovery
- Help with content and updating of CSCP web site (WordPress) and occasionally project web sites (WordPress, other) and also advising on new projects (e.g. setup of website, backend, Web 2.0 tools)
- Documentation of processes and finding improvement possibilities
- Good written and spoken English skills are preferred
- Networking Skills (TCP/IP Setup, Wireless LAN Configuration)
- Good knowledge in administrating Linux Servers
- Good knowledge in MS Office
- Strong general knowledge and interest in computers (peripherals, hardware, new developments/trends)
- Knowledge of Adobe Products (Acrobat, InDesign, Photoshop) a plus but not required
- Knowledge of Mac computers a plus but not required
- Knowledge of hypervisors (esxi) is a plus but not required
- Independent execution of tasks
- Previous work experience (e.g. internships, assistant jobs) are advantageous
As a not-profit-making limited company the CSCP is not part of the public service but is using its pay-scale TV-L.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your complete application (including 1-page letter of motivation in English, your CV, certificates and reference(s) to: